Helping battle cancer, in association with Tata Trusts.
Today, we are proud to announce the launch of ‘My Ride. My Cause’ – an initiative on our platform that enables crowdsourcing of funds in support of various social causes and relief operations, for the betterment of our society.
To roll this special initiative out, we have partnered with Tata Trusts’ Alamelu Charitable Foundation (ACF) to lend support to improve cancer care efforts within our country. As a part of this initiative, Ola customers will now have the option of donating INR 1 per ride, thereby helping crowdsource funds and utilizing them to support cancer care.
How this works?
- Every time you ride with Ola, INR 1 will be donated to Tata Trusts’ Alamelu Charitable Foundation (ACF) for cancer care.
- The foundation works towards making cancer care affordable & available in rural and remote areas.
- You can also claim an 80G certificate for tax exemption on your donations.
Here’s how you can start contributing:
- Step 1: Once a ride is booked, customers will be able to see an option to donate INR 1 on the ride-booking screen.
- Step 2: Upon clicking ‘See How,’ customers will be able to see detailed information about the foundation and how their donations will be used.
- Step 3: The button at the bottom of the screen that says ‘Donate INR 1 on every ride’ enables this feature.
- Step 4: Once accepted, customers will see their donation towards the foundation in the ride details screen for every ride. Customers can choose to opt in and out at any point in time.
- Step 5: Alternatively, customers can also activate this feature from the ‘Donations’ section, under Profiles in the global menu.