Terms & Conditions:
This is a summary of the key terms under the Group Domestic Travel Product (“Policy”) offered by Acko General Insurance Limited (“Acko”) to the customers of ANI Technologies Private Limited (“Ola”) under the product “Trip Delay cover”. The covers under the Policy can be availed by registered users/ customers of the Ola mobile application (“Ola App”) or Ola website or from any platform where Ola provides its cab-hailing services.
Missed Flight Insurance (Rs. 49 – Single Trip Cover)
The insurance cover under the Policy will be valid from the date of purchase and upto 7 days from the date of purchase of such cover. The primary insured (“Named Insured” in the Certificate of Insurance) can purchase the cover for himself or herself as well as for his/her co-passengers (“Unnamed Insureds”) who are travelling along with the primary insured in the same Ola Cab and the pre-booked domestic flight.
Missed Flight Insurance (Rs. 99 – Unlimited Trip Cover)
The insurance cover under the Policy will be valid from the date of purchase and upto 30 days from the date of purchase of such cover. The Insured (“Named Insured” in the Certificate of Insurance) can purchase the cover only for himself or herself.
1. Key Benefits
Key benefits available under the Policy for Ola passengers as specified in the Certificate of Insurance:
Table 1a: Schedule of Coverage – Rs. 49 product (Single Trip Cover)
|Sum Insured per INSURED MEMBER (INR)
|Delay beyond the scheduled arrival time
|Number of claims allowed
|Cover will be provided if the Cab reaches at the airport beyond the Estimated Time of Arrival and the Named and Unnamed Insured(s) has missed their pre-booked flight.
|Fixed amount equal to the Sum Insured
Refer to Section 2
Table 1b: Schedule of Coverage – Rs. 99 product (Unlimited Trip Cover)
|Sum Insured per CLAIM (INR)
|Delay beyond the schedule arrival time
|Cover will be provided if the Cab reaches at the airport beyond the Estimated Time of Arrival and the Named Insured has missed his pre-booked flight.
|Fixed amount equal to the Sum Insured per claim
Refer to Section 2
Table 1b: Schedule of Coverage – Rs. 99 product (Airport Pass)
2. Special Conditions
In order to avail the benefit under the Trip Delay cover, all of the following conditions are required to be met:
- The Named Insured has booked and been allotted a ride in Ola cab during the period of coverage. At the time of booking the Ola Cab, the destination specified by the insured is an airport in India. If the destination is changed to airport during the ride, the benefit shall not be admissible.
- There has been a delay in the arrival of the allotted cab at the airport from the Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) and due to such delay, the Named Insured along with unnamed insured (if applicable) have missed their pre-booked domestic flight.
- The ETA of the allotted cab at the airport is on or before 60 mins before the scheduled departure time of the missed flight for City Taxi (other than Ola Share) and is on or before 75 mins before the scheduled departure time for Ola Share and Ola Outstation. ETA to the destination can be checked on Ola Driver App.
- The Benefit is only applicable for Ola City, Ola Share and Ola Outstation rides. Ola Rentals are not covered.
- The claim will not be permissible in case the number of passengers (including driver) is more than the permitted seating capacity of the vehicle.
3. General Conditions
- The insurance cover is subject to the receipt of premium in full in respect of the Insured Persons and is subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions of underlying Policy.
- We should be given immediate written notice of any event that may give rise to a claim under the Policy, in accordance with the claims procedure under the Policy;
- The Policy does not cover any contractual and consequential liability, except as covered in the Policy or the Certificate of Insurance issued to the customer.
- We will not make any premium refund in case of any cancellation. Premium once paid will be non-refundable.
- Only one claim per insured member would be payable during the Coverage Period.
- The insurance will not be available for bookings made from Ola’s partner platforms or Ola Point. Partner platforms are platforms where customers can book Ola rides via a platform owned and/or operated by third-party partners. Example: Tapzo, Google Maps, etc.
- The claim will not be permissible in case of willful act of the insured, self-inflicted injury, mental illness, drug or alcohol abuse.
- The policy does not cover any contractual and consequential liability, except as covered in the Policy or this summary.
4. General Exclusions
Acko shall not be liable to make any payment for any claim under the Policy in respect of an Insured Person, directly or indirectly for, caused by, arising from or in any way attributable to any of the following, except where provided to the contrary under any Benefit(s) within the Policy:
- Any journey where the Insured Person is travelling as a commercial driver, operator or crew member in, or carrying out any testing or repairs on a Common Carrier.
- Any intentional illegal or unlawful act or confiscation, detention, destruction by customs or other authorities or any breach of government regulation.
- Any failure to take reasonable precautions to avoid a claim under the Policy following a mass media or government issued warning.
- Any event arising from or caused due to use, abuse or a consequence or influence of an abuse of any substance, intoxicant, drug, alcohol or hallucinogen.
- Any breach of law or participation of the Insured Person in an actual or attempted felony, riot, crime, misdemeanour or civil commotion with criminal intent.
- Any act of foreign invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities, warlike operations (whether war be declared or not or while performing duties in the armed forces of any country during war or at peacetime), and participation of the Insured Person in any naval, military or air-force operation, civil war, public defence, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power.
- Engaging in any Hazardous Activities, testing of any kind of Common Carrier, engaging in manual work during a journey, engaging in any offshore work activity, mining, tunnelling or any work involving electrical installation with high tension supply, aerial photography, ammunition, explosives, firearms or flight duty, except as a fare-paying passenger.
- Any journey commenced when You are not fit to travel or are travelling against the advice of a Medical Practitioner.
5. Claim & Documents:
Ola customer can file a claim by sending an email at email@example.com or by calling customer support from the Ola app by going to ‘Your rides’ > ‘Support’ > ‘Safety’ > ‘I want to claim Missed Flight Insurance’ > ‘Call Us’.
Ola Customer needs to submit following documents in case of a claim:
- Ride CRN Number
- Ola Registered Mobile Number from which the booking of the ride was done
- No show certificate from airlines or tickets of the flight which was missed
6. Benefit Definition
6.1 Trip Delay:
Acko will pay the amount specified in the Certificate of Insurance if an Insured Person’s journey on a Common Carrier (Ola Cab) is delayed beyond the number of hours specified in the Certificate of Insurance of its scheduled departure or scheduled arrival time, during the Travel Period.
7. Grievance Redressal
For resolution of any query or grievance, insured may contact the company on toll free number 1860 266 2257 or may write an e- mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. In case the insured is not satisfied with the response of the office, insured may contact the Grievance Officer of the Company at the following address:
Grievance Redressal Officer
Acko General Insurance Limited
3rd Floor, F-wing,
Lotus corporate park, Goregaon East,
Mumbai – 400063
In the event of unsatisfactory response from the Grievance Officer, he/she may, register a complaint in the Integrated Grievance Management System (IGMS) of the IRDAI.
Where the grievance is not resolved, the insured may, subject to vested jurisdiction, approach the Insurance Ombudsman for the redressal of grievance.
Please note that this is only a basic description of the key terms of the Policy and the full list of policy conditions and exclusions are available at: http://www.acko.com/download
Once you have opted for cover, you will receive a Certificate of Insurance from Acko which will contain complete details of your cover under the Policy, and the applicable conditions and exclusions.