Our platform ‘My Ride. My Cause’, is an initiative that enables crowdsourcing of funds in support of various social causes and relief operations. Through this platform we introduce our social welfare unit, Ola Foundation, which is focused on empowering women and their families from low-income groups. As a part of this initiative, Ola customers will now have the option of donating INR 2 per ride, thereby helping crowdsource funds and utilizing them to support women.
How this works?
- Every time you ride with Ola, INR 2 will be donated to Ola Foundation for supporting women and their families financially
- The foundation impacts women through its training programs for Economic and Social Empowerment that is centered on enabling & equipping women to learn the right skills
- You can also claim an 80G certificate for tax exemption on your donations.
Here’s how you can start contributing:
- Step 1: Once a ride is booked, customers will be able to see an option to donate INR 2 on the ride-booking screen.
- Step 2: Upon clicking ‘See How,’ customers will be able to see detailed information about the foundation and how their donations will be used.
- Step 3: The button at the bottom of the screen that says ‘Donate INR 2 on every ride’ enables this feature.
- Step 4: Once accepted, customers will see their donation towards the foundation in the ride details screen for every ride. Customers can choose to opt in and out at any point in time.
- Step 5: Alternatively, customers can also activate this feature from the ‘Donations’ section, under Profiles in the global menu.