India is growing as a country. We’ve got the latest technologies, modern offices, wide roads, big cars, but we’re still unable to reach anywhere on time. Why? Because with all the growth, what’s also increasing is the traffic congestion in the country.
Ola has been working hard to solve this problem with ‘Ola Share’ which enables users to share their rides, hence reducing cars on the road. As the next step, we’ve partnered with Global Citizen India to encourage people to #DoYourShare to reduce vehicular congestion and pollution across the country.
Thanks to our friends at GCI, now your Ola Share rides can help you become a Global Citizen and party it up with Coldplay and Jay-Z live at Global Citizen Festival India 2016.
- Head over to https://www.globalcitizen.in/en/action/show-your-support/
- Take a screenshot of your Ola Share ride invoice between 29th October, 2016 to 9th November, 2016
- Tweet the picture with the hashtag #DoYourShare, tagging @OlaCabs and @glblctzn
- Earn points towards watching Coldplay & Jay Z live at Global Citizen Festival India
Start Share-ing your rides for a greener tomorrow!
Terms and Conditions: OLA Share-Global Citizen India Ride and Tweet your way to Global Citizen Festival India 2016
These Terms and Conditions (“T & Cs”) govern the relationship between users of the OLA Share services offered by ANI Technologies Private Limited (“You”/ “Your”) and ANI Technologies Private Limited (“OLA”/” We”/”Us”/”Our”) in relation to the Global Citizens India [●] Campaign organized by Global Citizen India Movement (“GCI”) between October 29, 2016 to November 9, 2016 (“Campaign”).
These T & Cs will apply to You on clicking the OLA Tab (defined below) located at https://www.globalcitizen.in/en/takeaction/.
Eligibility and General Terms:
- For You to be a part of the Campaign and associated lucky draw contests organized by GCI, You must complete a valid Ola Share ride, on the completion of which an invoice is generated by Us and sent to You via e-mail (“OLA Share Invoice”). For clarity, a “valid Ola Share Ride” shall mean “a point-to point journey pursuant to an Ola Share ride booked by You through the Ola mobile application in a commercial passenger car from Your selected pick up point to the drop point selected by You, at the end of which an Ola Share invoice is generated for the full trip and sent to Your e-mail id registered with Us.”
- To become eligible, You are required to click on the OLA icon located on the GCI website (“OLA Tab”) made available at https://www.globalcitizen.in/en/takeaction/. This link will lead You to GCI’s relevant Twitter handle. At such Twitter handle, you are required to tweet the OLA Share Invoice generated by Us for your valid Ola Share Ride (“Eligible User”). For the purpose of these T & Cs, a tweet shall mean “the text entered by You on twitter by referencing GCI and published on the twitter microblogging site along with the OLA Share Invoice attached therewith.” It is hereby clarified that Your use of Twitter.com, https://www.globalcitizen.in/en/takeaction/ and any other third-party links, shall be governed by the terms and conditions of those respective platforms.
- We shall not be liable for anything occurring through Your use of twitter.com (and connected URLs) and www.globalcitizen.in or other third-party URLs as maybe updated from time to time.
Campaign Related Terms:
- On tweeting as referred above, You will receive [*] points from GCI as per the terms and conditions provided by GCI (“Campaign Points”). Tweeting through OLA Tab is only one of the ways to accumulate such Campaign Points.
- On accumulating a prescribed number of Campaign Points, You stand a chance to win certain rewards and prizes as determined by GCI.
- Campaign points accumulated via the OLA Tab by itself shall not entitle You to any benefits from OLA or GCI, except as specifically stated in the GCI terms and conditions. The eligibility for benefits and prizes under the Campaign shall be exclusively determined by the GCI organizers and shall be governed by terms and conditions determined by GCI.
- Any events or functions organized by GCI as part of the Campaign shall be solely determined in accordance with the terms and policies of GCI and GCI shall reserve all rights in this regard including the right to cancel events, modify the itinerary, suspend or postpone the said events and functions. Ola shall have no control over such events and no liability for the same.
Your Representations and Warranties:
- You represent and warrant that You are not a robot.
- You represent that You are at least 18 (eighteen) years of age and legally competent to enter into legally binding contracts under the laws of India.
- You warrant that all information provided by You as well as the social media accounts used by You are genuine and that You are not impersonating another natural person.
- You represent that by agreeing to these T & Cs, You are consenting to allow Ola to use information provided by You including personal information for Ola’s promotional activities. You also consent and give permission to Ola to transfer such personal information to third parties for this purpose.
- You consent to giving Ola the right to publish or refer to Your personal information including name, photograph etc anywhere in the world, for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes and in any media.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Ola, its associated companies and affiliates, and respective directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents, indemnified against any and all losses, claims (including but not limited to, third party claims), injuries, costs, fees, fines, penalties, taxes, charges and any other liability arising out of any act of omission, commission, fraud, deception, misrepresentation of any representations and warranties, negligence or misconduct by You or violation of any applicable laws in participating in such Campaign.
Disclaimers and Exclusions:
- OLA DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY IN RELATION TO THE CAMPAIGN AND BENEFITS THAT MAY ACCRUE TO YOU AS A CONSEQUENCE OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CAMPAIGN AND OLA’S RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY SHALL EXTEND ONLY TO THE PROVISION OF OLA SHARE SERVICES TO YOU IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS OF SERVICE YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY AGREED TO WITH US. ANY DISPUTES OR CLAIMS ARISING IN RELATION TO THE OLA SHARE SERVICES SHALL BE SETTLED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SAID OLA CUSTOMER TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- ALL CLAIMS IN RELATION TO THE CAMPAIGN AND CLAIMS PERTAINING TO THE PRIZES AS WELL AS MODE/ METHOD OF CONDUCT OF THE CONTESTS ATTACHED TO THE CAMPAIGN SHALL ONLY BE MADE TO THE ORGANIZERS OF GLOBAL CITIZEN INDIA DIRECTLY. IT IS HEREBY CLARIFIED THAT OLA HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE CAMPAIGN OR THE IDENITIFYING WINNERS OF PRIZES UNDER THE CONTESTS AND LUCKY DRAWS CONDUCTED BY GLOBAL CITIZEN INDIA.
- OLA SHALL ALSO NOT TAKE UP ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DELIVERY OF THE PRIZES OR REWARDS THAT YOU MAY BECOME ENTITLED TO BASED ON THE SELECTION DONE BY GCI. OLA DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL CLAIMS FOR THIS PURPOSE OR ANY LIABILITIES ARISING FROM NON-RECEIPT, REFUSAL TO DELIVER OR LOSS OF THE PRIZE THAT YOU MAY BECOME ENTITLED TO BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CAMPAIGN.
- OLA DOES NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR CANCELLATION OF THE CAMPAIGN OR ANY EVENTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE CAMPAIGN AND ANY GRIEVANCE IN THIS REGARD SHALL BE MADE AND DEALT WITH DIRECTLY BY GCI AND ITS ORGANIZERS.
- OLA NEITHER EXTENDS ANY WARRANTIES AS REGARDS THE PRIZES DISTRIBUTED BY GCI NOR PROVIDES ANY WARRANTIES AS REGARDS THE SAFETY OF THE EVENTS ORGANIZED BY GCI AS PART OF THE CAMPAIGN. ANY CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE FOR LOSS, PERSONAL INJURY, LOSS OF PROPERTY OR HURT CAUSED TO YOU BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CAMPAIGN OR ATTENDING THE EVENTS ORGANIZED BY GCI SHALL BE DIRECTLY RAISED WITH GCI AND YOU SHALL NOT HAVE ANY RIGHTS WHATSOEVER AGAINST OLA IN THIS REGARD.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution:
Any dispute or claims to the extent permitted under these T & Cs and to the extent that Ola or You may be liable shall be governed by the laws of India and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Courts in Bengaluru, Karnataka.