“Ola Friendship Fest – Terms and Conditions”
These are the terms and conditions that govern the Ola Friendship Fest (“Friendship Fest”) offered by ANI Technologies Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Ola” or “us”), to all students enrolled in the colleges identified in Schedule A (“Participating Colleges”) attached to these terms and conditions (hereinafter referred to as “you”).
The Friendship Fest is valid only in Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Mumbai (“Identified Cities”) from 7th August, 2016 to 27th August, 2016 (both days inclusive) (“Offer Period”), subject to the following Terms & Conditions (hereinafter referred to as “Terms“).
General terms and conditions of the Offer
- The Friendship Fest is applicable only to students of 18 years of age and above, enrolled for this academic year in one of the Participating Colleges (“Student”).
- Winners (as defined below) are permitted to redeem awards only on providing their college identity cards to confirm they are a students of the Participating College. In case a Student is unable to provide such confirmation during the Offer Period, such Winner forfeits his award and right to win.
- By participating in this competition, you agree to all terms and conditions identified in these Terms. Ola and its partnering brands reserve the right to withdraw/modify the details of the contest and the awards, at their sole discretion.
- In order to stand a chance to win any of the Identified Prizes (as defined below), Students in every Participating College, are required to complete one of the following tasks (“Eligible Participants”)-
- Students in Identified Cities, who are already registered users of the Ola platform, should successfully refer 3 or more friends (“Referred Friend(s)”) during the Offer Period shall be considered as Eligible Participants for the contest. For this clause, a referral will be considered successful only when the Referred Friend completes their first ride before the expiry of the Offer Period; or
- Students in Identified Cities, who are not already a registered user of the Ola Platform, complete their first ride by successfully applying their Participating College specific coupon code provided to each Participating College. The Participating College specific coupon code is applicable only on Ola’s Micro, Mini, Sedan and Prime categories and is a zero-discount code, which does not offer any discount or other ride benefits; or
- Students from other cities (as listed in Schedule B to these Terms), is required to successfully complete at least two rides using the Ola Platform by applying the Participating College specific coupon code provided to each Participating College. The Participating College specific coupon code is applicable only on Ola’s Micro, Mini, Sedan and Prime categories and is a zero-discount code, which does not offer any discount or other ride benefits.
- At the expiry of the Offer Period, among all Eligible Participants for such Participating College, Ola would select certain Eligible Participants through random order (“Selected Participants”). Such Selected Participants shall be called by Ola’s customer care and given an opportunity to answer three questions. The first Selected Participant get all three questions right, is awarded the College Specific Award (“College Winners”).
- On the expiry of the Offer Period, among all Eligible Participants across all Participating Colleges, Ola would select certain Eligible Participants through random order (“Grand Prize Participants”). Such Grand Prize Participants shall be called by Ola’s customer care and given an opportunity to answer three questions. The first seven Grand Prize Participants to get all three questions right, are awarded the Grand Prize (“Grand Prize Winners”).
- College Winner and Grand Prize Winners will be jointly referred to as Winners.
- All Eligible Participants stand a chance to win College Specific Prizes as well as the Grand Prize during the Offer Period.
- For these Terms, there are 2 Grand Prizes to be won and 1 College Specific Prize for each Participating College to be won during the Offer Period.
- The Grand Prize is a trip to Goa for two nights and three days (2N/3D), where the Winner is allowed to take three other people with the Winner. The Grand Prize covers only the travel and accommodation expenses for all 4 people. Travel by air or road shall be provided at the sole discretion of Ola. Food, beverages, shopping and other expenses have to borne by Winners directly. The dates and the travel cum hotel packages are pre-decided by Ola and Musafir.com and would be communicated to the Winners on wining. The dates and other package details are not subject to any change on request of the Winners.
- For the Grand Prize, the four people going on the trip must include the Grand Prize Winner. The travel costs will only be borne for the four people, to the extent the four people are travelling from the same origin city.
- All Grand Prize Winners have to sign an agreement, highlighting the terms and conditions of the package, including and not limited to a liability clause. In case of a non-acceptance of above conditions, Ola and its partners reserve the right to withdraw the award.
- In case of a no-show for the trip, the Grand Prize Winner forfeits the Grand Prize.
- All College Winners win College Specific Prizes which includes JBL Clip Portable Bluetooth Mobile/Tablet Speaker (Black, 1.1 Channel) or other such equivalent prizes. All College Specific Awards shall be provide subject to availability.
- The College Specific Prizes and the Grand Prizes are non-transferrable, non-refundable and cannot be encashed under any circumstances. The Friendship Fest shall be conducted either by Ola or through its authorized third party agency during the Offer Period. The decision of Ola on the results of the Friendship Fest shall be final and binding.
- Winner(s) would be notified via telephone/ SMS on their mobile number and they can reach out to Ola at firstname.lastname@example.org. Call-centres would be functional 24*7. The final results of the Friendship Fest shall also be shared on the http://blog.olacabs.com/ on or before 10 th September, 2016. Participant(s) agrees to receive communication(s) through call, SMS or email from Ola and/or its affiliates relating to the Friendship Fest. Participant(s) unconditionally agrees not to make any claim or raise any complaint against Ola and/or its affiliates in respect of the Friendship Fest.
- The Winner(s) of the Friendship Competition are granted sixty (60) days from the date of which such Eligible Participant is notified of being a Winner, to collect or redeem their respective Identified Prizes as communicated to the Winner(s).
- Winners would also be required to produce the copy of their valid student identity cards at the time of collecting the Identified Prizes.
- Prizes will be handed over to the Winner only. The Winners of the Grand Prize are suggested to get their own travel Insurance / any other insurance at their own cost and Ola or its affiliates shall not be responsible for the same.
- The applicable taxes on the Identified Prizes, if any, shall be borne by the respective Winner(s). Ola or its associate companies shall not in any manner be liable or responsible for the same.
- Participation in the Friendship Fest is voluntary and such participation constitutes acceptance of these Terms. Any Participant found using any unfair means, is liable to be immediately disqualified in Ola’s sole discretion.
- By participating in the Friendship Fest, the Participant hereby consents to the accessing of information and/or images of the Participant by Ola and/or its affiliates for the purpose of this Friendship Fest. Further, Ola shall be at liberty to use the Participant information for its media coverage, advertisement or publicity in any form which is existing today or will be known anytime in the future without any further consideration to the Participant.
- Participant agrees that all/any pictures appearing in Friendship Fest are fictitious and any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Pictures and images shown in the promotional material for the Friendship Fest or on the website are visual representations and the actual may differ.
- Ola reserves the right to change/alter/modify any of the terms and conditions under this Friendship Fest at its sole discretion by notice. It also reserves its right to substitute the College Specific Prizes and the Grand Prizes with prizes of equivalent value at its sole discretion.
Representation and Warranties by Participant
- Participant represents and warrants that he/she is of 18 years of age and legally competent to enter into binding contracts under applicable laws. By participating in the Friendship Fest, the Participant warrants that all information provided by the Participant regarding his/her name, age, state, city, address, phone number, Participating College details, etc., is true, correct, accurate and complete and that the Participant is authorized to provide such information and consents to the use of such information by Ola and/or affiliates.
- Participant agrees and consents that any and all information submitted by the Participant, including but not limited to, the submissions and personal information of the Participants may be required to be shared with other third parties engaged by Ola, for the purposes of verifying the authenticity and eligibility of the Participants. Further, the Participant hereby understands that such third parties may be located outside the jurisdiction of India and notwithstanding anything, each Participant consents to transfer of information (including any personal information) to any such locations.
- Participant gives Ola the right to publish and broadcast anywhere in the world, for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes and in any media, Participant’s and/or Winner’s name, image, likeness and/or photograph (except where prohibited by law) without any further permission or consent or consideration in any form, including but not limited to, royalty.
- Participant agrees that Ola shall not be liable for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Friendship Fest or with the acceptance of Identified Prizes.
- Participant hereby agrees to indemnify and keep Ola, its associated companies and affiliates, and respective directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents, indemnified against any and all losses, claims (including but not limited to, third party claims), injuries, costs, fees, fines, penalties, taxes, charges and any other liability arising out of any act of omission, commission, fraud, negligence or misconduct by the Participant of these Term or an applicable laws.
- Ola shall not be responsible for system outages, delays, equipment malfunctions, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted transmissions or other technological difficulties or any other force majeure event that may prevent a Participant from participating in the Friendship Fest. Furthermore, Ola will not be responsible or liable for:
- any failure to receive details of College or city specific codes due to transmission failures and other conditions beyond its reasonable control;
- any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged transmissions, prizes or codes;
- any computer or communications related malfunctions or failures;
- any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Ola or it partners; or
- any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Friendship Fest or
- any delay, damage, non-receipt, lost or misrouted prize
2. Ola shall not be liable for delivery of the Prize to the Winner nor for delay in procurement of Prize, for any other reason beyond its control. All Prizes are being provided on an “AS IS” basis and Ola disclaims any and all claims of merchantability, fitness for any purpose or any liabilities arising from the same.
3. Any services or accessories shown with the prize picture may not form part of the Prizes to be provided to the Participant(s). The decision of Ola in respect of the Prizes and Winners shall be final and no dispute shall be entertained in this regard.
4. Ola shall not be liable for any loss or damage due to Act of God, Governmental actions, other force majeure circumstances and shall not be liable to pay any amount as compensation or otherwise for any such loss
5. Ola reserves the absolute right to extend or suspend or discontinue the Friendship Fest or any part thereof, without giving any reasons on prior notice of the same. Friendship Fest shall be void in any State where prohibited by law. In such cases, Ola shall not be liable to provide any free gift(s) or compensation to the Participant on any account.
6. Failure by Ola to enforce any of its right at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
7. In no event shall Ola be liable for losses or any incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the Offer, its services, these Terms (however arising, including negligence)
8. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency regarding any instructions, rules and conditions on any advertising or promotional material relating to the Offer, these Terms shall prevail over all such other instructions, rules and conditions.
9. The Friendship Fest is subject to validation, including without limitation, verification of eligibility through checks as deemed appropriate by Ola and complete compliance with these Terms; Ola reserves the right to verify the Participant(s)’s details either on its own or through its authorized agency / person and the Participant(s) shall provide all necessary assistance in such verification. In exercising this right, the Participant(s) may be required to provide any documentary or other form of evidence, and if evidence does not establish the same then Ola, at its sole discretion, will have the right to disqualify the Participant(s).
10. Nothing herein, shall be construed as conferring any license or other rights to the Participant under the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of Ola or its related companies or any third party, whether by estoppels, implication or otherwise and all such rights shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Ola and/or its subsidiaries.
11. Decision of Ola in relation to the Offer and any matters incidental thereto shall be final and binding on the Participant. All disputes shall be governed by the laws of India. These Terms shall be governed by the exclusive laws of India and the courts located in Bangalore shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of the subject matter with relation to the Offer.
Sri Shikshayatan College
Lady Brabourne College
South City College
Delhi University ( North Campus)
DU South Campus
JAMIA Millia Islamia
Vidya Vardhaka College of Engineering
Vidya Vikas Institute of Engineering and Technology
Pooja Bhagawat Mahajana First Grade College
GSSS Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women
Gayatri Vidya parishad Group
Chaitanya Enginnering College
Siddhartha Engineering college
KLE egg college
KLE Ayurvedic Medical college
B.V.B college of engg college
Vijayanagar Institute Of Medical Sciences
Godavari Instititute Of Engineering &Technology
GSL Medical College
Jyoti Niwas college
St Josephs College
Mount Carmel College
Baldwin Methodist College
BC Roy Engineering College
Bengal College of Engg
Siliguri Institute of Technology
Surendra institute of engineering & Management
Padmanava College of Engg
Rourkela Govt College
St Xaviers College
Ness Wadia College of Commerce
Nowrosjee Wadia College
Cusrow Wadia Institute of Technology
Mordern Education Society’s College of Engineering
St. Miras College for Girls
Symbiosis School of Economics
Symbiosis Law School
Symbiosis School of Liberal Arts
BV Raju Institute of technology
Methodist college of engineering & technology
Stanley college of engineering & technology
Sujatha PG college
Sultan ul uloom
List of Other Cities